Hadoop, mail # user - How to make the setting changes works

Re: How to make the setting changes works
Harsh J 2013-04-24, 17:22
Did you end up reformatting the NameNode? Thats one reason why DNs will
refuse to work. You need to clear out the dfs.data.dir directories for it
to work again. Note that you shouldn't reformat the NN ever, unless it is
your intention to wipe away all data and begin all over again.

--
Harsh J