Zookeeper >> mail # user >> contrib REST?

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2014-01-08, 17:30
+
Camille Fournier 2014-01-08, 19:43
Re: contrib REST?
My focus is langs that have mediocre or no ZK support (i.e. Ruby). I’m thinking of adding a REST package to Curator that exposes recipes as REST calls. e.g all of Curator’s recipes (where possible) would be exposed as REST calls. While I’m doing this, I could also expose the low level ZK APIs.

-JZ

From: Camille Fournier Camille Fournier
Reply: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: January 8, 2014 at 2:43:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:  Re: contrib REST?
I've never been super crazy about a REST interface for ZK, since so much of
the correctness etc depends on handling state changes. But I realize this
concern might be pedantic.
Glancing at the java code, it could use at minimum a bit of a facelift...
lots of System.out.printlns in there.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What’s the status of the REST interface in contrib (
> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/trunk/src/contrib/rest)? Is it
> up to date/maintained? I think a REST interface to ZooKeeper would be very
> useful.
>
> -Jordan

+
Ted Dunning 2014-01-08, 23:40