Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hive 0.7.1 or 0.8.1 with CDH3?

Re: Hive 0.7.1 or 0.8.1 with CDH3?
Not the part where I inquire about the major differences between 7 and 8.

At any rate, I'll ask elsewhere.  There are hive-specific lists I suppose.

On Mar 9, 2012, at 11:06 , Arun C Murthy wrote:

> This is a question for CDH lists.
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Keith Wiley wrote:
>
>> CDH3 seems to formally provide Hive 0.7.1, but Hive is up to 0.8.1.  I currently use a CDH3 Hadoop installation.  I was curious if I should strictly sick with CDH3 for related produces and go with Hive 0.7.1 or if I should try to use 0.8.1 instead.
>>
>> What major advantages does the more recent Hive offer and is it definitely compatible with CDH3 (Hadoop 0.20.2)?  Is it not worth the hassle?  Should I just stick with CDH3 throughout my production system?
>>
>> Thanks.

"And what if we picked the wrong religion?  Every week, we're just making God
madder and madder!"
                                           --  Homer Simpson