HBase >> mail # user >> difference between major and minor compactions?

Re: difference between major and minor compactions?
Hi Yun,

Few links:
- http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/06/hbase-io-hfile-input-output/
=> There is a small paragraph about compactions which explain when
they are triggered.
- http://hbase.apache.org/book/regions.arch.html 9.7.6.5

You are almost right. Only thing is that HBase doesn't know when is
your offpeak, so a major compaction can be triggered anytime if the
minor is promoted to be a major one.

JM