Hive, mail # user - HWI use on AWS/EMR

+
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 15:54
Dean Wampler 2013-01-18, 16:06
Dean Wampler 2013-01-18, 16:09
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 16:20
Ariel Marcus 2013-01-18, 16:15
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 16:26
Ariel Marcus 2013-01-18, 16:31
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 17:00
Ariel Marcus 2013-01-18, 17:05
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-18, 17:07
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 17:17
Ariel Marcus 2013-01-18, 17:24
Tony Burton 2013-01-21, 11:39

which shows how to create security groups to associate with your AWS instances. Simple enough to create a rule - but is there anyway to associate a rule with an instance either when the instance is running, or at creation time using the AWS Management Console? Or can it only be done using the commandline client or by an http request?

Thanks,

Tony
From: Ariel Marcus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 January 2013 17:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: HWI use on AWS/EMR

Hey Tony,

Nitin's approach would work for you as well. Amazon has very good documentation of their services. A quick google search should get you the right info.

Best,
Ariel

Ariel Marcus, Consultant
www.openbi.com<http://www.openbi.com/> | [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
150 N Michigan Avenue, Suite 2800, Chicago, IL 60601
Cell: 314-827-4356