HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Policy proposal for JIRAs opened for unit test failures without patches attached

Re: [DISCUSSION] Policy proposal for JIRAs opened for unit test failures without patches attached
I don't disagree disagree :-) but there's a difference between committers
doing this and users dropping by with unit test failures on their local box
with 0.90 or something like that. So maybe we can make an exception for
committers but still put something up to dissuade users from putting JIRAs
up like that unless they also have a patch contribution? This could be
making too much of this but it seems reasonable to have this discussion.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)