Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Git is writable now and other FYI's

Re: Git is writable now and other FYI's
Thanks for the instructions Christopher.  I had to take the additional step
of compiling git-credential-gnome-keyring.  I did the following.

git clone https://github.com/git/git.git
cd git/
git checkout v1.8.3.3
make
make install
cd contrib/credential/gnome-keyring
make
cp git-credential-gnome-keyring ~/bin

I had alread cloned from apache and was committing locally.  I had to
change my url in .git/config from

    https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo.git

    https://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/repos/asf/accumulo.git

Now I am up and running with the latest git and gnome keyring is working.