HBase, mail # dev - VOTE: hbase-0.95.2 release candidate 0 is available for download

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.2 release candidate 0 is available for download
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-08-19, 22:44
I'm +1 on this release but there are definitely things we need to fix for
0.96:

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9267 "StochasticLoadBalancer
goes over its processing time limit"

I guess this has been present for a while, but it seems to imply you can't
let a clusters run for too long, not even two days. Elliott says he doesn't
see it on his IT cluster because he resets it every 12 hours and he runs a
chaos monkey.

Running a chaos monkey on the master on long running clusters might not be
a bad idea.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9268 "Client doesn't recover
from a stalled region server"

This one I don't fully understand yet and I'm working on it more this
afternoon, I thought it was a lack of SocketTimeout but it seems to be
getting them but not refreshing from .META.

J-D