Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

Re: [VOTE] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-03, 03:40
+1 with one addition I'd like to make to the plan

  - making downstream testing a passing criteria for the release. I don't mean
    that Hadoop community needs to be responsible for testing of _all_
    downstream components. What I'd like to see is a practice we used in the
    2.0.4-alpha with Bigtop 0.6 where passage of the tests in the latter was
    a, perhaps unofficial, release criteria for the former.

I also agree with 2.0.5 versioning, because essentially, future stability of
the API - of freezing - is the solid base we all are looking for.

Cos