HBase >> mail # user >> Re: HBase status exception.

+
Manish Bhoge 2012-03-21, 16:13
+
Manish Bhoge 2012-03-21, 15:51
+
Marcos Ortiz 2012-03-21, 16:07
+
Manish Bhoge 2012-03-21, 16:15
Re: HBase status exception.
Sorry for the late response.
The HBase book explains these topics.
http://hbase.apache.org/book

NTP
------
The main requirement with NTP is that you have to keep in mind, before start
the operations in your cluster, you have to check first that all servers
are syncronized
with your NTP servers.
HBase use timestamp for all columns, for that reason, time is very
important variable in HBase

Using NTP correctly avoids to you a lot of troubles.

DNS (extracted from the HBase book)
------

HBase uses the local hostname to self-report it's IP address. Both
forward and reverse DNS resolving should work.

If your machine has multiple interfaces, HBase will use the interface
that the primary hostname resolves to.

If this is insufficient, you can set hbase.regionserver.dns.interface to
indicate the primary interface. This only works if your cluster
configuration is consistent and every host has the same network
interface configuration.

Another alternative is setting hbase.regionserver.dns.nameserver to
choose a different nameserver than the system wide default.

Regards

--
Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda (@marcosluis2186)
  Data Engineer at UCI