Accumulo >> mail # user >> Record index within a Table

Record index within a Table
Does Accumulo have the idea of record index within a table?  As an
example, take a table with the following values:

Row  ColFam  ColQual
1        1            10
1        1            20
1        1            30
As I understand it Accumulo will naturally sort the table in the above
order (first by row, then by colFam, lastly by colQual).  If I insert
(1, 1, 25), is there any way for me to get the index of the newly
inserted value (3 in this case)?

Further more is there anyway to lookup an index by knowing the full
row:colFam:colQual key (say (1, 1, 30))?

Lastly, is there an easy way to get the total number of rows within a
table (and the same question for ColFam's within a row and ColQual's
with a row:colFam pair)?

I've made it through the documentation and scanned through the mailing
list, but I haven't seen any information on the above (which lends me to
believe I'm asking for behaviour that Accumulo doesn't natively provide).

Many thanks for any information,

- MT
+
Josh Elser 2012-12-04, 02:30