HDFS >> mail # dev >> profiling hdfs write path

+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-25, 21:41
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-26, 01:35
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-29, 15:17
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-29, 18:25
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-04, 17:07
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-04, 17:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-12-04, 17:49
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-04, 17:39
+
Eli Collins 2012-12-04, 17:44
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-05, 02:00
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-12-05, 22:21
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-06, 02:02
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-12-06, 23:06
Re: profiling hdfs write path

> I'm not saying that the Hadoop process is perfect, far from it, but
> from where I sit (like you I'm a contributor but not yet a committer)
> it seems to be working OK so far for both you and I.
It does not work for me OK. Its way too slow. i got just 2k LOC in
committed and still floating around patches. That is real and sad result
of 1/2 year of cooperation. I know that contributor patches are low
priority in every project, but this is too low priority for me.

> Some things could be better, but the current fairly-conservative process has the benefit
> of keeping trunk in a really sane, safe state.
if you want to keep code in safe state you need:
1. good unit test
2. high unit test coverage
3. clean code
4. documented code
5. good javadoc

>   You've got plenty of successful jiras under your belt, let's just keep on truckin' and build a better Hadoop.
only successful work was rework of todd patch because it made hbase
about 30% faster.
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-08, 12:38
+