HBase, mail # user - About -D parameters

Re: About -D parameters
Shrijeet Paliwal 2012-11-12, 18:15
Inline.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oups, sorry about that :( Pressed the send button to quickly :(
>
> So, question is.
>
> On the RowCounter MapReduce we can pass
> "-Dhbase.client.scanner.caching=100". But I'm not able to find
> anywhere where it's parsed

Its done by Hadoop's
GenericOptionsParser<https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/branch-0.20.203/src/core/org/apache/hadoop/util/GenericOptionsParser.java>
 .

> I only found that on the HTable and it's read from the configuration.
>
> On my MapReduce I want something like hbase.client.putbuffer.size to
> send puts 10 by 10 or 100 by 100 to HBase. So my questions are:
> 1) Do I simply need to do something like
> configuration.getInt("hbase.client.putbuffer.size", 1); to get this
> parameter on the code and configuration will take care of it?

If you have used GenericOptionsParser in your code and the order of
arguments is correct [bin/hadoop command [genericOptions] [commandOptions]]
, then it will work.
> 2) Is there a naming convention for those kind of parameters?

One that is consistent and meaningful. Hadoop's Configuration class does
not enforce any convention on its own.