Drill, mail # dev - problems running tests in IntelliJ

+
Jason Altekruse 2013-12-27, 22:20
+
Ravisankar Sivasubramania... 2013-12-28, 18:05
+
Jason Altekruse 2013-12-28, 20:51
Re: problems running tests in IntelliJ
Jacques Nadeau 2013-12-29, 16:52
Try setting the environment variable to override the scripts.
On Dec 28, 2013 12:52 PM, "Jason Altekruse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Ravisankar,
>
> I did a search on the codebase and it appears that this directory is set
> in a number of different locations. It looks like many of them are just
> parts of scripts that are setting the system variable DRILL_LOG_DIR. Other
> uses appear in several different configuration files in two of the projects
> sub-modules.
>
> I unfortunately have not been keeping up with the actual codebase changes
> the last few months, so there might be a solution to this already in the
> works.
>
> Do we have a good place to store global system configuration options like
> this? Or is this not actually a global option that should be set in these
> various locations?
>
> - Jason Altekruse
>

> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Ravisankar Sivasubramaniam <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> This email is not directly related to the problem you are trying to
>> resolve.  Is the folder "/var/log/drill" configurable?  I am currently
>> doing the setup for Windows and if the above path is hard coded in the
>> application, I may have problems running the tests in Windows platform.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>> Ravi
>>
>> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> > Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 16:20:18 -0600
>> > Subject: problems running tests in IntelliJ
>> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> >
>> > hello All,
>> >
>> > I was running a full build before pushing a patch when I ran into a
>> problem
>> > with the build.
>> >
>> > Three of the tests were having trouble creating a file in
>> /var/log/drill/
>> >
>> > After creating the directory and giving it 777 permissions I am able to
>> run
>> > the tests in the command line, but IntelliJ is still having trouble
>> running
>> > the tests.
>> >
>> > Can anyone using IntelliJ try running
>> > the TestTraceMultiRecordBatch.testFilter test?
>> >
>> > As an aside, would it be worth adding the directory creation to the
>> build
>> > and require elevated permissions? Its not a large problem, but I believe
>> > anyone trying to clone master right now will have to read the failed
>> build
>> > log and figure out they need to create the directory.
>> >
>> > - Jason Altekruse

+
Rajika Kumarasiri 2013-12-31, 03:21
+
Ravisankar Sivasubramania... 2013-12-30, 15:01