Flume >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.2.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.2.0

On Jul 10, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Mike Percy wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Ralph Goers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Where are the Maven artifacts?  They should be in the Nexus staging repo.
>>

> I'm going to push them once the vote is done. I'll look into getting them
> into the staging repo, though.

OK. I would really like to verify them as part of the release process.

> Why does the NOTICE file say "Portions of this software were developed at
>> Cloudera, Inc. (http://www.cloudera.com/)."?
>>

> This has always been in the NOTICE file. This is because Flume was
> originally contributed to Apache by Cloudera.

I'm not sure that that is correct as it seems more like an ad than a required notice. I will ask on Legal Discuss. I don't consider that a showstopper.

> The distribution artifacts look OK although having the source in the binary
>> distribution is a bit annoying.  I know we will have to manually remove it
>> when we package it for deployment to our production environment.
>>
>> I have one other question. I don't see any tags for 1.1.0 or 1.0.0. If the
>> vote passes is this tag going to be renamed to 1.2.0?
>>

> I can copy the tag, that's fine.

Cool, thanks.

Ralph