Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Apache Hadoop 1.0?

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Hadoop 1.0?
I think this is great. Thanks, Arun.

Since the 2xx line is clearly a major branch, we should designate it as
1.0. I don't think there is any need to rename current releases, so let's
just rename the upcoming ones:

0.20.205.1 -> 1.0.0
0.20.206.0 -> 1.1.0

0.21 is dead and we should just leave it as it as 0.21.

If we want to leave space for a 0.22 release, it should be 2.0.0:

0.22.0 -> 2.0.0

And that would make the 0.23.x releases 3.x.y.

0.23.0 -> 3.0.0

-- Owen