HBase >> mail # user >> Checking major compaction

RE: Checking major compaction
Hi

Yes Kiran you can go thro the logs also.

You will see some logs like
'Start major compaction for ..............
'Compacting file  ................
'Compacting file ................
And finally 'Completed major/minor compaction.....'

I just don have some exact logs with me right now.  But you can see log msgs
but all comes in debug mode.  So ensure you enable debug mode for your logs.

A simple test would be to just right some 10 rows. In between do some 4 to 5
flushes.

Just give major_compact(tableName) from the shell.   You can see the logs.
:)

Regards
Ram