MapReduce >> mail # user >> Running from a client machine does not work under 1.03

+
Steve Lewis 2012-12-07, 18:19
+
Harsh J 2012-12-07, 22:52
Re: Running from a client machine does not work under 1.03
The immediate problem is  an access exception - users like Asterix\Steve -
completely unknown to the  file system cannot write files or directories.

There is another error "Insufficient memory to start the java runtime" but
we do not get far and a chunk of this effort has been to create a small
sample to post.

The real issue is that from an external machine hadoop runs as the local
user on the client machine - in 0.2 with security turned down that worked
although the listed file ownership in hdfs was a little strange. In 1.03 it
does not work because Hadoop/hdfa will not let these foreign users own
files.

Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
cell 206-384-1340
skype lordjoe_com
Can you share your specific error/exception please?

--
Harsh J
+