Sqoop >> mail # user >> Ports for data returned by MSSQL import

+
DSuiter RDX 2013-10-01, 14:22
Re: Ports for data returned by MSSQL import
Hey There,

Your TaskNodes and JobTracker node will be contacting your RDBMS. Checkout
http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.4/SqoopUserGuide.html#_connecting_to_a_database_serverfor
more information.

-Abe
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM, DSuiter RDX <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have a broad question that is proving difficult to answer conclusively.
>
> When you import from MSSQL, we (my co-workers and I) understand that the
> initial connector communicates on port 1433 by default. However, when the
> map task created by sqoop imports the data to the data nodes, are the data
> nodes connecting to MSSQL via port 1433, or are arbitrary ports opened
> between the data nodes and the SQL Server?
>
> We need to know because we are interested in hosting data for a variety of
> clients, and need to be able to place firewall rules for our data center to
> manage access to our cluster while still connecting to various environments.
>
> Thank you,
> *Devin Suiter*
> Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
> 100 Sandusky Street | 2nd Floor | Pittsburgh, PA 15212
> Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com

+
DSuiter RDX 2013-10-01, 18:26
+