HBase >> mail # user >> Control connection behavior to zookeeper with HBase?

Re: Control connection behavior to zookeeper with HBase?
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Jason Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My question is - is this kind of "heartbeat" expected and useful? Our
> normal use case involves fetching data to HBase table every 60 seconds or
> so. Could we stop that heartbeat and re-connect to zookeeper on the fly
> only when we need to read from HBase?

Yeah, you could close the connection and connect when you need it; small
setup cost but unlikely noticeable going you connect once a minute.  Every
2-3 seconds sounds like the tickTime [1] config (2 seconds by default)
which among other things is the zk 'heartbeat' interval.

St.Ack

1.
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.2.2/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_configuration