MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Reg: No space left on device Exception

+
Marco Shaw 2012-12-07, 11:39
+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-07, 13:25
+
bejoy.hadoop@... 2012-12-07, 15:37
Re: Reg: No space left on device Exception
Is it there is not enough space to keep the intermediate files?

How to find space allocated for HDFS and normal FS for a particular node
but overall the cluster is having more free space.

Cheers!
Manoj.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Marcos Ortiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It seems that you don´t have enough space in your TaskTracker/DataNode
> node.
> Did you check available space on your dedicated hard drives to host your
> data in your TT/DN machine?
>

> On Fri 07 Dec 2012 12:38:27 AM CST, Manoj Babu wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am getting the exception as below but the job continues to running
>> how to avoid this and whats the cause for the issue?
>>
>> 12/12/06 23:30:56 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id :
>> attempt_201211120903_7753_m_**000177_0, Status : FAILED
>> FSError: java.io.IOException: No space left on device
>> java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.**TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.**
>> java:242)
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status
>> of -1.
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.**TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.**
>> java:229)
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Manoj.
>>

> --
> Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
> about.me/marcosortiz <http://about.me/marcosortiz>
> @marcosluis2186 <http://twitter.com/**marcosluis2186<http://twitter.com/marcosluis2186>
> >

> 10mo. ANIVERSARIO DE LA CREACION DE LA UNIVERSIDAD DE LAS CIENCIAS
> INFORMATICAS...
>
> http://www.uci.cu
> http://www.facebook.com/**universidad.uci<http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/**universidad_uci<http://www.flickr.com/photos/universidad_uci>