From: Nitin Pawar [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask MapReduce Jobs Launched:

yogesh,
is your network setup with proxy authentication? normally the error
which you are getting is, when a node tries to connect to another node
but then after some time, the connection needs to be reauthorized.

when you do a select * from table, it does not launch a MR, it just
does a dfs -cat of the hdfs file

you will need to check the cluster health of your hadoop cluster. Also
make sure that on all the nodes the default linux security is off
(iptables )

Nitin Pawar

www.wipro.com