HBase >> mail # dev >> Compile does not work against Hadoop-1.0.0 - 1.0.2

+
Enis Söztutar 2013-04-25, 01:29
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:13
Re: Compile does not work against Hadoop-1.0.0 - 1.0.2
The only reason I see is that you might be stuck with an older version of
Hadoop for some other reason.

Enis
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Is there a valid reason for using a Hadoop version older than 1.0.3 if
> compiling up your own deploy?
>

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > While trying with older Hadoop versions, I noticed that we do not compile
> > against hadoop versions older than 1.0.3.
> >
> > I think the programmatic kerberos jaas configuration broke the compat:
> > The error is:
> >
> > [ERROR]
> >

> /Users/enis/projects/hbase/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[36,53]
> > cannot find symbol
> > symbol  : class KerberosUtil
> > location: package org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util
> > [ERROR]
> >

> /Users/enis/projects/hbase/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[247,32]
> > cannot find symbol
> > symbol  : variable KerberosUtil
> > location: class
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.JaasConfiguration
> >

> > Should we fix this, or just document the case, and not work with older
> > hadoop versions than 1.0.3
> >
> > Enis
> >

> --
> Best regards,