HBase >> mail # user >> working with versions

working with versions
Hi,

Suppose I want to keep aggregated data (e.g. counters) per day for a year or
so (this way I can query hbase on a specific date range).

Is the proper way to do this is to use the in-built versions mechanism of a
column i.e. open a new version every day and then when query - sum the right
versions values ?

Is there an alternative solution,

Thanks,

Lior