From: Ramasubramanian Narayanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Friday, July 26, 2013 1:17 AM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Need help in joining 2 tables

Hi,

Need to create a view in HIVE as per the below query (written in Oracle). Need help to provide the equivalent query in HIVE to create view.
EMP_ADDRESS

Emp_Id
Address1
Address2
Address3
Address4
City
State
Pin
Country
Alternate_Address1
Alternate_Address2
Alternate_Address3
Alternate_Address4
Alternate_City
Alternate_State
Alternate_Pin
Alternate_Country
row_create_date
EMP_MASTER

Emp_Id
Name
DOB
Department
Sex
FathersName
row_create_date
View Query

select
MAST.Emp_Id,
MAST.Name,
MAST.DOB,
ADDR.Address1,
ADDR.Address2,
ADDR.Address3,
ADDR.Address4,
ADDR.City,
ADDR.State,
ADDR.Pin,
ADDR.Country
from EMP_MASTER MAST, EMP_ADDRESS ADDR
where
MAST.row_create_date = (select max(row_create_date) from EMP_MASTER where Emp_Id = MAST.Emp_Id)
and ADDR.row_create_date = (select max(row_create_date) from EMP_ADDRESS where Emp_Id = ADDR.Emp_Id)
regards,
Rams

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE