Zookeeper >> mail # user >> forceSync=no

Re: forceSync=no
I haven't followed closely the developments of the linux kernel, but my understanding from reading blog posts here and there is that the implementation of the write barrier is not fully reliable, you may lose data. At the same time, it adds some significant performance overhead. Consequently, I would think that you're better off relying upon the BBWC and turning off the write barrier.

-Flavio