Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop branch-1.1 and Release Plan for Hadoop-1.1.0

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop branch-1.1 and Release Plan for Hadoop-1.1.0
Hi Matt.

I am picking up the hat of BigTop's maintainer for Hadoop 1.x line. And I
wanted to sync up with about the Hadoop 1.1 release outlook, progress, what help
you might need, etc.

I see a few jiras left open in the release
    http://is.gd/OyuaNQ
Is this the correct representation of the current status?
How I can help from BigTop side (I haven't yet finalized the stack's
versions), etc. Looking forward for your input. Thanks.

  Cos

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 02:49PM, Matt Foley wrote:
> Greetings.  With the approval of a public vote on common-dev@, I have
> branched Hadoop branch-1 to create branch-1.1.  From this, I will create a
> release candidate RC-0 for Hadoop-1.1.0, hopefully to be available shortly
> after this weekend.
>
> There are over 80 patches in branch-1, over and above the contents of
> hadoop-1.0.3.  So I anticipate that some stabilization will be needed,
> before the RC can be approved as a 1.1.0 release.  Your participation in
> assuring a stable RC is very important.  When it becomes available, please
> download it and work with it to determine whether it is stable enough to
> release, and report issues found.  My colleagues and I will do likewise, of
> course, but no one company can adequately exercise a new release with this
> many new contributions.
>
> There are two outstanding issue that are not yet committed, but I know the
> contributors hope to see in 1.1.0:
>     MAPREDUCE-4049 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4049>
>     HADOOP-4012 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4012>
> Assuming there is an RC-1, and that these two patches can be committed
> during stabilization of RC-0, I will plan to incorporate these additional
> items in RC-1.
>
> Best regards,
> --Matt
> Release Manager