Accumulo >> mail # dev >> GSOC Idea - Accumulo Control Panel

+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 14:29
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-12, 14:37
+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 15:47
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-12, 18:25
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-12, 18:48
+
John Vines 2013-04-12, 18:35
+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 19:43
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-12, 21:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-13, 02:01
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-13, 16:15
+
David Schlosnagle 2013-04-13, 17:44
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-13, 19:20
+
David Medinets 2013-04-13, 02:31
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-12, 18:48
+
John Vines 2013-04-12, 18:51
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-12, 19:16
+
John Vines 2013-04-12, 15:31
Re: GSOC Idea - Accumulo Control Panel
I think it should be a separate ticket, because the shell integration
into the monitor was the main work for ACCUMULO-196, and the only
thing remaining for that is testing. (At least, that was my
understanding when Billie reassigned the ticket to me). If there's
more work to be done, for a,c, and f, the other ticket can link to
196, I think.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> a,c, and f sound like the scope I originally planned for
>
> And like Keith said, the entire thing could also be wrapped up in Ambari.
>

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM, David Medinets
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > It might be interesting to have a tool which could:
>> >
>> > a) shut down any accumulo process on any server.
>> > b) start any accumulo process on any server.
>> > c) edit the various configuration files through a web interface.
>> > d) automate restart accumulo processes, as needed, after configuration
>> > change.
>> > e) push accumulo code and configuration to a new server.
>> > f) gracefully shutdown and remove a server from the cluster.
>> >
>> > Anything else? If this sounds like a good idea, let's create a JIRA
>> ticket
>> > with the right tags.
>>
>> This sounds like Apache Ambari, which we should possibly integrate
>> with. See ACCUMULO-136

+
Andres Danter 2013-04-13, 19:17
+