Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals

RE: Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals
WHat needs to happen for HADOOP-7823 to get committed for 1.1.0?

    - Tim.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Matt Foley [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 6:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals

Hi all,
a couple major bugs have shown up in Hadoop-1.0.2.  I propose to make a
1.0.3 release containing fixes for:
  - MAPREDUCE-4154
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4154> streaming
MR job succeeds even if the streaming command fails
  - HDFS-119 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-119> logSync() may
block NameNode forever.
We will also accept the following bug fixes already committed to branch-1.0
(see
CHANGES.txt): HADOOP-6924, HADOOP-6941, HADOOP-8188, HDFS-3127,
MAPREDUCE-3377, HADOOP-5528, HADOOP-6963, HADOOP-8251, HADOOP-8293.

If there are other critical bugs you would like to see in 1.0.3, please let
me know by end of day Monday, 4/23.  I'll start the process of making a
1.0.3 RC-1 on Tuesday.

Also, it seems that it is time to do a 1.1 release.  Some 80 bug fixes and
enhancements have accumulated in branch-1.  Hopefully they've all been
properly reviewed and unit tested!  Let's declare a code freeze for 1.1 at
the end of this month.  At that time I will make a branch-1.1 and a release
candidate for 1.1.0.

Thank you,
--Matt

The information contained in this email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  The information and any attached documents contained in this message may be Exar confidential and/or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message.