MapReduce, mail # user - shutting down instance

RE: shutting down instance
Kartashov, Andy 2012-11-15, 14:53
I also use scp and remote ssh to push configuration files | start-stop-restart respective daemons in the cluster. This can simply resolution of every node in the cluster having an updated address of the new NN. But what about slave file on the NN?

If you have 20 DN/TTs in a cluster, you will have to go inside each and every one to get internal ip-address or copy external ip-addresses from EC2 web-inteface for each node and then replace the list of new nodes in your slave file.  Is this how you do it?

Rgds,
AK-47
From: yinghua hu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: shutting down instance

Hi,Andy

Yes. I shutdown EC2 instance every day to save some money for my company. I use shell scripts to reduce manual editing as much as possible. I just edit core-site.xml and yarn-site.xml in single node and then scp it to all the other nodes. This can be automated. You can add to /etc/ssh/ssh-config the two lines below

StrictHostKeyChecking no
UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null

so that you will not need to type "yes" when connecting to an unknown host. So I re-edited four files core-site.xml and yarn-site.xml, slaves and master on namenode everyday. It take only a few minutes.

I did not use Zookeeper to deal with this. Please let me know if you have better approach.