Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available

Re: Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available
Pig 8.2 is likely not going to happen (0 interest from any of the
committers).

0.9 has already been released, 9.1 is in the works, as is 10.

Not sure how Milind compiled that list of features in 0.9 but it's kind of
an odd grab-bag of 0.8 and 0.9 features.

The MASSIVE improvement 0.9 introduced is macros. There are other things;
one unheralded in the 3 blog posts below is that handling of nested
structures is cleaned up a lot (in a subtly non-backwards-compatible way).

http://www.hortonworks.com/new-apache-pig-features-part-1-macro/
http://www.hortonworks.com/new-apache-pig-features-part-2-embedding/ (note:
not udfs in other languages, that was already in 8).
http://www.hortonworks.com/new-apache-pig-0-9-features-part-3-additional-features/