Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Multi-Master Hadoop Configuration

Re: Multi-Master Hadoop Configuration
Yes. Only one master, called name-node, is managing HDFS, and only one
master, called job tracker, is managing MapReduce cluster.
You can also read some online documentation, may be even publications.
Thanks,
--Konstantin