HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Application of Cloudera Hadoop for Dataset analysis

Re: Application of Cloudera Hadoop for Dataset analysis
Hi,

Its possible to do on VM , but its more dependent on how much data you want
to analyze and power of your system where you installed this.

Since you are CS ungergrad I would suggest you to install on plain linux
system , you can quickly pick up setup. ( after playing initially with VM )

For running SQL type of queries you can see HIVE tool
For running machine learning algo see Mahout
You can also write own custom Java code for queries.

Just start with initial install , shout here at mailing list when ever you
are struck.

Welcome to magical world of data.

Regards,

Jagat Singh