Hive >> mail # user >> Re: SemanticException Line 1:17 issue

Re: SemanticException Line 1:17 issue
it exists but where? on your hdfs or local linux filesystem ?  so if you
are checking the file with ls -l /tmp/ then add word local

ls can you provide output of $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop dfs -ls /tmp/

LOAD DATA [LOCAL] INPATH 'filepath' [OVERWRITE] INTO TABLE tablename

If the keyword LOCAL is specified, then:

   - the load command will look for *filepath* in the local file
system. If a relative path is specified - it will be interpreted
relative to the current directory of the user

--
Nitin Pawar