Sqoop >> mail # user >> Calling Sqoop incremental job from Map/Reduce code

Calling Sqoop incremental job from Map/Reduce code
Hello all,

I'd like to know if there's a way to execute an incremental job from a map/reduce program. If there is a way, please point to a user guide I can take a look at to achieve it. In case it is possible, does Sqoop need to be installed on every node of the Hadoop cluster? I'm aware of the fact that Oozie would be able to achieve this but I was wondering if there are other ways. Right now I have a script that first calls the Sqoop job and then executes the M/R job.

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
New York Presbyterian Hospital

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.