HBase >> mail # dev >> how to get ZooKeeperWatcher info ?

+
Demai Ni 2013-08-16, 16:58
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-16, 17:07
+
Demai Ni 2013-08-16, 17:32
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-16, 17:38
+
Demai Ni 2013-08-16, 17:52
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-16, 17:53
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-17, 01:35
+
Demai Ni 2013-08-17, 03:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-08-18, 03:20
+
Stack 2013-08-18, 16:35
Re: how to get ZooKeeperWatcher info ?
St.Ack and Ted,

many thanks for your help and suggestions on this question. I am working
HBASE-9047 while encountering this question. To provide a whole picture of
what I am looking for, I uploaded the prototype code and some background
info over there(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9047#comment-13743322).
Basically, I am looking for a way to get the original zookeeper when hbase
is offline, so that a new replicationManager can be created and consolidate
the pending replication Edits, once get them, the replicationManger will do
its magic using the logic as if hbase is restarting. will
RecoverableZooKeeper instance have the access to the replication info from
original zookeeper?

Demai
On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Demai Ni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > hi, folks,
> >
> > I am writing some code to get the zookeeper while hbase is offline.
> >
> >     conf = HBaseConfiguration.create();
> >     connection = HConnectionManager.getConnection(conf);
> >     zkw = connection.*getZooKeeperWatcher();*
> >     replicationZK = new ReplicationZookeeper(connection, conf, zkw);
> >
> > the goal is to create a new replicationZookeeper. Well, the above code
> > works, except connection.getZooKeeperWatcher() is deprecated in 0.94.
> >
> > Is there a way that I can complete the same logic without using the
> > deprecated method? many thanks
> >

> HBASE-8439 removes ReplicationZooKeeper from trunk/0.96.
>
> HBASE-1762 removes being able to get zookeeper from HConnection (zk is an
> implementation detail that should not come through the HConnection
> Interface).
>
> Create your own RecoverableZooKeeper instance?
> St.Ack

+
Stack 2013-08-19, 18:09
+