Robert Evans 2012-09-29, 15:35
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-30, 21:28
Robert Evans 2012-10-01, 13:48
Arun C Murthy 2012-10-01, 20:35
Robert Evans 2012-10-01, 20:42
Jason Lowe 2012-10-01, 20:53
Robert Evans 2012-10-01, 21:05
Robert Evans 2012-10-01, 22:44
Owen OMalley 2012-10-05, 18:44
Arun Murthy 2012-10-05, 18:46
Robert Evans 2012-10-05, 19:41
Robert Evans 2012-10-08, 15:06
Siddharth Seth 2012-10-08, 18:51
Robert Evans 2012-10-08, 19:12
Aaron T. Myers 2012-10-09, 01:35
Siddharth Seth 2012-10-09, 19:03
Robert Evans 2012-10-15, 19:55
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-10-19, 21:27
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-10-19, 21:28
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-22, 17:53
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-22, 18:19
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-10-23, 00:04
Re: [VOTE] 0.23.4 release

On Oct 22, 2012, at 5:04 PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:

> I believe the binary release is just a convenience that we provide to users.
> The actual release is the source. So I am not sure a new vote is needed.
> But the tar file should be replaced in the official place somehow.
> Otherwise people will be confused.

+1 to what Konstantin says.

Arun

> Thanks,
> --Konstantin
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I rebuilt the package using the same code and uploaded the new .tar.gz and
>> everything that goes with it to
>> http://people.apache.org/~bobby/hadoop-0.23.4-candidate-2-try-2/ The only
>> thing I can think of is that it must have been caused by a bug in my
>> script that I used to try and build a 64-bit version of the package as
>> well.  I disabled that because it had other problems.  I don't know if you
>> want to have me call another vote to try and replace the binary release or
>> not, but this one has the correct hadoop-auth.jar in it now.
>>
>> Sorry about that.
>>
>> --Bobby
>>
>> On 10/22/12 12:53 PM, "Robert Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Wow that is very odd, I really don't know what happened there.
>>>
>>> It is available through the maven repo at
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/hadoop/hado
>>> o
>>> p-auth/0.23.4/ but I cannot figure out how it is missing from the tar.gz
>>> file.  It is in all of the others that I have created.  I will try and
>>> rebuild it and see if I can figure out what happened.
>>>
>>> Sorry about that,
>>>
>>> Bobby

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/
+
Robert Evans 2012-10-23, 15:14
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-10-15, 20:05
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-10-09, 13:42
+
Thomas Graves 2012-10-10, 15:47