MapReduce, mail # user - Hosting Hadoop

Hosting Hadoop
Dhaval Shah 2013-08-08, 17:53
We are exploring the possibility of hosting Hadoop outside of our data centers. I am aware that Hadoop in general isn't exactly designed to run on virtual hardware. So a few questions:
1. Are there any providers out there who would host Hadoop on dedicated physical hardware?
2. Has anyone had success hosting Hadoop on virtualized hardware where 100% uptime and performance/stability are very important (we use HBase as a real time database and it needs to be up all the time)?

Thanks,
Dhaval
+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-08-08, 20:50
+
Dhaval Shah 2013-08-08, 21:35
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-08-09, 17:42