Hive >> mail # dev >> Hive server concurrent connection

Hive server concurrent connection
I'm a little confused with "In fact, it's impossible for HiveServer to
support concurrent connections using the current Thrift API" in hive wiki
page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveServer2+Thrift+API.

I started a hive server on hostA using cdh3u3

hadoop-hive.noarch                  0.7.1+42.36-2
 installed

Then I logged on two nodes: hostB, and hostC, then start hive client

$ hive -h hostA -p 10000

It seems that both of two hive clients work normally.

Am I wrong? or the issue in the wiki page has been resolved?
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-04-30, 19:15
+
Benyi Wang 2012-05-01, 21:36