Flume >> mail # user >> Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender

Re: Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender
Can you please post the running flume process (ps waux|grep flume)?

- Alex

On Jan 14, 2013, at 8:11 AM, Dongliang Sun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> The flume startup no problem,
> flume-ng agent --conf ./conf/ --conf-file ./conf/flume.conf --name agent1
> -Dflume.root.logger=DEBUG,console
>
> I have test the following client,
> bin/flume-ng avro-client -H localhost -p 41414 -F ~/test.txt
>
> It's OK, but if I can not make it work if I use the log4jappender as the
> client.
>
> Thanks,
> Dongliang
>

> 2013/1/14 Alexander Alten-Lorenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Please post the flume startup line. I guess you have missed the --conf
>> switch.
>>
>> - Alex
>>
>> On Jan 14, 2013, at 4:25 AM, 孙东亮 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm a newbie for the Flume, and I just set up flume for a test.
>>> I want to use the log4jappender to get log info from PIG scripts, the
>>> log4j.properties is:
>>>
>>> log4j.appender.flume >> org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender
>>> log4j.appender.flume.Hostname = localhost
>>> log4j.appender.flume.Port = 41414
>>> log4j.logger.org.apache.pig=DEBUG,flume
>>>
>>> And for the flume.config:
>>>
>>> a1.sources = r1
>>> a1.sinks = k1
>>> a1.channels = c1
>>>
>>> # Describe/configure the source
>>> a1.sources.r1.type = avro
>>> a1.sources.r1.bind = localhost
>>> a1.sources.r1.port = 41414
>>>
>>> # Describe the sink
>>> a1.sinks.k1.type = logger
>>> # Use a channel which buffers events in memory
>>> a1.channels.c1.type = memory
>>> a1.channels.c1.capacity = 1000

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz