Hive >> mail # user >> How to use create .. as select

Re: How to use create .. as select
Thanks v much Edward, I am looking at those resources now. The queries in
clientpositive are quite instructive.

Here is the correct way to do it so it seems

hive> create  table dem2 like demographics_local;
OK
Time taken: 0.188 seconds
hive> hive> insert overwrite table dem2 select * from demographics_local;

301399 Rows loaded to dem2