Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
-1, 0, -1

IIUC the only platform we plan to add support for that we can't easily
support today (w/o an emulation layer like cygwin) is Windows, and it
seems like making the bash scripts simpler and having parallel bat
files is IMO a better approach.