HBase >> mail # dev >> Data types stage 1 is ready for reivew

Re: Data types stage 1 is ready for reivew
Did some chatting with Nick today.

I think it is really important to get this right, and for that we would
definitely need more eyes towards it. The current patch set is in a good
state to bolster the discussion.

The other important thing is that we should be dogfeeding this in HBase
proper before marking it stable and public. For that, I suggested that we
can start with converting our META row keys and data model to use this
infrastructure as a first complex use case.

Depending on the timeline, I can see that these patches can make into the
0.96 line (before 0.96.0 or even after), but not declared stable in 0.96
releases.

Cheers,