Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo / Hadoop version compatibility matrix

+
Mike Hugo 2013-05-08, 21:15
+
John Vines 2013-05-08, 21:34
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-08, 21:39
+
John Vines 2013-05-08, 21:44
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-08, 22:51
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-08, 23:36
Re: Accumulo / Hadoop version compatibility matrix
Uh oh ... I saw in the README that Accumulo 1.4.2 had been tested with
Hadoop 0.20.2, which is the version found in CDH3u5.  I didn't see anything
that called out issues with CDH3u4+ in the README (in fact neither Cloudera
nor cdh are found in the readme anywhere).

So I'm running Accumulo 1.4.2 on CDH3u5 on an 8-node cluster which I was
intending to deliver as a Dev environment this Friday.  I did not build
Accumulo, I'm using the binary distribution.

One reason I chose cdh3u5 was because it's "approved" FOSS software.  No
Hadoop 1.1.x is approved (yet), and our approval chain is lengthy.

Did I just make a colossal error?  What exactly "doesn't work" with
cdh3u4+?  How bad of shape am I in?  Data loss bad?

-tp

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In regards to a released 1.4, you're right, Billie. My bad.
>
> I think I pulled back the necessary changes to 1.4 from 1.5 at some
> point... I don't think I did commit that though. Oops.
>
> On 05/08/2013 06:51 PM, Billie Rinaldi wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>
>>     "It does NOT work against... " these versions without building
>>     Accumulo against those specific artifacts.
>>
>>     I know for sure that you can run against CDH3u4+ if you build
>>     Accumulo yourself and provide the necessary options (I think this
>>     is written down; if not, we need to remedy that). I assume the
>>     same to be true for 0.23 and 2.
>>

>> Josh, are you referring to 1.5 or 1.4 here?  Building 1.4 against
>> different versions of Hadoop would require modifying the poms.
>>
>> Billie
>>

>>     On 5/8/13 5:34 PM, John Vines wrote:
>>
>>>     For Accumulo 1.4.x we have compatibility with Hadoop 0.20.x -
>>>     hadoop-1.1.x, CDH3u1-3, MapR, and all current releases of HDP. It
>>>     does NOT work against CDH3u4+, CDH4.x, hadoop 0.23.x, and hadoop 2+.
>>>

>>>     On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Mike Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         I'm looking for guidance on what versions of Hadoop will work
>>>         with Accumulo 1.4.3.  I checked the user manual and aside
>>>         from indicating that HDFS and Zookeeper are required, it
>>>         doesn't contain compatible versions.
>>>
>>>         In particular, I'm interested to know if Accumulo 1.4.3 will
>>>         work with Hadoop 1.1.2
>>>
>>>         Does a version compatibility list exist somewhere?
>>>
>>>         Thanks,
>>>
>>>         Mike

+
Josh Elser 2013-05-08, 23:47