Pig >> mail # dev >> Making git the repo of choice for Pig?

Re: Making git the repo of choice for Pig?
I think this is the tweet (lacking the entire discussion tree that we had
re git) where I was pointing out that some incubator projects were using
git.

https://twitter.com/#!/billgraham/status/174744199407738880
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Russell Jurney
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I think this changed, and you are now allowed.  Looking for the tweets.
>
> Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com
>
> On Mar 21, 2012, at 9:36 AM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > AFAIK Apache still does not support git as a primary repository.  You
> can use the git mirror, which Pig does.  If this has changed (or when it
> does), I'm +0 on changing, by which I mean I don't care which we use.
> >
> > Alan.
> >
> > On Mar 20, 2012, at 11:22 PM, Jonathan Coveney wrote:
> >
> >> Would anyone be opposed to doing this? I think you can apply to do this
> via
> >> Apache, no? It would be nice to make git the first class citizen of
> >> choice... forcing developers to use svn to work with pig is just another
> >> barrier, imho. I thought this had been bandied about on Twitter and the
> >> like, but not sure if it's been discussed seriously on the listserv.
> >>
> >> Would love y'all's opinions on the matter
> >> Jon

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*