Hive >> mail # user >> Is there a mechanism similar to hadoop -archive in hive (add archive is not apparently)

Re: Is there a mechanism similar to hadoop -archive in hive (add archive is not apparently)
what would be interesting would be to run a little experiment and find out
what the default PATH is on your data nodes.  How much of a pain would it
be to run a little python script to print to stderr the value of the
environmental variable $PATH and $PWD (or the shell command 'pwd') ?

that's of course going through normal channels of "add file".

the thing is given you're using a relative path "hive/parse_qx.py"  you
need to know what the "current directory" is when the process runs on the
data nodes.