Pig >> mail # user >> Configuring Pig 0.10.0 logs written by Grunt

Configuring Pig 0.10.0 logs written by Grunt
Hi,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to redirect the pig logs outputted by the Grunt shell to another directory. Currently, the logs get written to directory where I execute the pig script. I noticed that my Grunt shell is executed with the following property settings applicable for logging:

-Dpig.log.dir
-Dpig.log.file

I would expect these properties to be referenced in org.apache.pig.Main (the entry point for the Grunt shell), but I see no reference to pig.log.dir and the reference to pig.log.file is actually pig.logfile. I updated the pig script where pig.log.file is to pig.logfile and at least see that my log file reported by Grunt is correct as opposed to my log files previously named pig_<timestamp>.log. Is this a bug? Furthermore, is there a way for Grunt to honor the pig.log.dir setting?

Thanks,
-Terry
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-10-03, 19:12