Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Use pre-integration-test to start instamo, run tests in integration-test, then stop instamo in post-integration-test?

RE: Use pre-integration-test to start instamo, run tests in integration-test, then stop instamo in post-integration-test?
Would it also help to define the integration tests in a maven profile that hudson runs by default? I just added some tests that use the mini cluster to verify that proper exceptions are being thrown and it slows down the build as well.

-------- Original message --------
From: David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 03/21/2013  6:31 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: accumulo-dev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Use pre-integration-test to start instamo, run tests in integration-test, then stop instamo in post-integration-test?

Running org.apache.accumulo.proxy.SimpleTest
Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 37.844
sec <<< FAILURE!

I am continued to be concerned by this unit test in the proxy module.
And a few others that are long-running. I haven't found time to dig
into the code but I assume it is the issue related to spinning up the
Accumulo processes for the test. Could one instance of Instamo be spun
up during the pre-integration-test and spin down during
post-integration-test as stand-alone processes? Then any tests
associated with Instamo can be run inside the integration-test phase.