Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] EOL'ed releases 0.3.x

[PROPOSAL] EOL'ed releases 0.3.x

Guys,

I wanna propose something drastic yet necessary in my opinion. I don't see
much of the interest in the community to continue with Bigtop release on top
of Hadoop 1.x. I might be missing something on the account of the other
developers here, but I find it harder and harder to spare any time for 0.3.1,
considering how much I need to do in the trunk based releases of Bigtop.

Hereby, I am proposing to close 0.3.1 related tickets and archive 0.3.1
version in JIRA, as well as to remove branch 0.3.1, effectively shelving the
effort on Hadoop 1 based reference implementation of the stack.

If there's not much objections on the proposal above, I will go ahead and do
the logistics in a couple of days. Otherwise, we might need to call a vote ;)

Thoughts?
--
Regards,
  Cos