Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0
I downloaded the bits. Verified the signatures.

Started HDFS daemons in secure mode running as 'hdfs' user, created
directories. Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and
NodeManager - running as 'mapred' user.

But I am running into an issue while running mapreduce jobs using the
container-executor binary shipped with the tar-ball.

2011-11-01 16:30:00,326 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.LinuxContainerExecutor: Exit code
from container is : 2
2011-11-01 16:30:00,326 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.ContainerExecutor:
2011-11-01 16:30:00,326 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService:
Localizer failed
java.io.IOException: App initialization failed (2)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.LinuxContainerExecutor.startLocalizer(LinuxContainerExecutor.java:147)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService$LocalizerRunner.run(ResourceLocalizationService.java:859)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
/home/vinodkv/Downloads/hadoop-0.23.0/bin/../bin/container-executor: 1:
Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

        at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:261)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:188)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:381)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.LinuxContainerExecutor.startLocalizer(LinuxContainerExecutor.java:139)
        ... 1 more

Still debugging to see if it is an environment issue.

Thanks,
+Vinod